How Would You Score?
Check With This Quiz From AZGFD
To learn much more about boating safety and regulations in Arizona, take the certified 8-hour Game and Fish Department boating safety classes. It’s fun and you can amaze your friends with your knowledge. You may even get a discount on your insurance!
Call today (623) 236-7235 to sign up or check the listings here (https://www.azgfd.com/education/boating/ )for a class near you. And, why not take the boater’s quiz to test your knowledge.
- When are navigation lights required?
- When do you have to report an accident?
- What size and type of fire extinguisher must you have on a 19 foot outboard bass boat?
- How old do you have to be in Arizona to operate a personal watercraft by yourself?
- How many people does it take to legally water ski in Arizona?
- What does an orange and white buoy with an orange circle mean?
- What are the personal flotation device (PFD) requirements for a 12 foot canoe?
- What direction is travel on Arizona lakes?
- What ages of children must wear a personal flotation device (PFD) whenever the boat is underway?
- What does a “no wake” area mean?
- Watercraft underway between sunset and sunrise.
- Whenever injury or property damage results from the accident.
- One B-I.
- Three. One skier, one operator, and one observer.
- A controlled or restricted area such as a “no ski” area.
- One U.S. Coast Guard approved type I, II, or III wearable PFD for each person on board.
- Twelve and under.
- You must operate your boat at a speed that does not create a wake but in no case more than 5 mph.