41st Year for The Port of San Diego’s Day at the Docks
The excitement is growing as we near The Port of San Diego’s 41st Annual Day at the Docks. This FREE West Coast public celebration will take place on Sunday April 19, 2020 from 9 AM to 5 PM. Day at the Docks is the official start of the San Diego’s Spring Saltwater Fishing Season. The event is a favorite of anglers, their families, the sportfishing crews and marine and community exhibitors. Enthusiastic anticipation is always high for this annual festival.
The one-day event is held outdoors in sunny San Diego with the dynamic sportfishing fleet as its backdrop. It is located in Point Loma at Harbor Drive and Scott Street. Free shuttles on double decker buses from Shelter Island run all day. Shuttles run from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm.
San Diego Fleet is the largest sportfishing fleet found anywhere in the world. The fleet has some of the most sophisticated boats in operation,capable of delivering both short-range and long-range trips into the prolific fish-filled waters off Southern California and the coast of Mexico
This festival is designed to appeal to the novice angler, the experienced fisherman and all those who have not yet discovered the lure of fishing on the sea. The day offers the opportunity to discover new adventures, explore the latest in fishing tackle and techniques, climb aboard and tour boats in the fleet, take a ride on San Diego Bay, tune into fishing seminars, cooking demos, live entertainment and take part in fun, hands-on activities planned for the day.
- Festival Admission is Free
- Open House Aboard Boats in the fleet
- Fishing and Boating Seminars on three stages.
- 150+ Exhibitors including the latest fishing tackle, boats, marine art, outdoor clothing and more
- Cooking Demos by local chefs
- Fish Fillet Demonstrations
- Free Fishing for kids 12 &under
- Casting and Knot Tying Contests. Prizes awarded
- Boat Rides on San Diego Bay, $3 per person
- Burn Institute Drawing. 3 drawings throughout the day. Wonderful prizes Include fishing trips, tackle, apparel, tickets to attraction, restaurant certificates and much more!
Social Media posts include
- “Always… Love Day at the Docks, my family has been going since it started!”
- “Super Fun! My kids caught their first fish at Day At The Docks.”
- “It’s is a family tradition. We go every year!”,
- “I love this event! It always feels like old home week.”
- “I hadn’t realized this fleet existed, through Day At The Docks I discovered a new passion for the ocean.”,
- “I always find great deals on fishing gear.”, “It’s great to be able to talk with the captains and crews on their own turf”.
The Port of San Diego’s Day At The Docks is sponsored by the Port of San Diego’s Tidelands Activation Program, designed to bring our dynamic waterfront alive with events that engage the community and inspire visitors to enjoy San Diego Bay.
For complete information on Port of San Diego’s Day at The Docks activities and schedules, visit http://www.sportfishing.org.