AZBW/AWA Rider Of The Month
Chad Cooper, 9, Gets An Early Start In Wakeboarding
By Chris Cameron
- What is your name, age and where do you live?
My name is Chad Cooper, and I am 9 years old. I live in Fountain Hills, Ariz.
- How long have you been wakeboarding?
I have been wakeboarding for one year.
- How did you get into wakeboarding?
My mom and dad both ride, so they got me started.
- What was the first trick that you learned? Describe how to do it.
The first trick that I learned was a heelside 1 wake jump. You cut in on your heelside and jump the wake.
- What is your favorite trick to see being done and why?
My favorite trick to see being done is a Raley, because it looks really stylish.
- What is your favorite aspect of wakeboarding?
My favorite thing about wakeboarding is being in the air while doing a jump.
- What do you like most about The AWA?
I like competing in the competitions, going to the different lakes, and riding behind the different boats.
- Describe your perfect day.
My perfect day would be having glassy water and being able to land all the jumps I am working on.
- What do you like to do when you are not wakeboarding?
When I’m not wakeboarding I like to watch wakeboarding on TV and go swimming.
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
A pro wakeboarder.
- Is there anybody that you would like to thank?
I would like to thank my parents for teaching me how to wakeboard and helping me with new tricks.