AZBW/AWA Rider Of The Month
Maddy Estrada Started Kneeboarding At Five, Wakeboarding At Seven
By Chris Cameron
- What is your name, age and where do you live?
Madeline Estrada, and I go by “Maddy.” I’m 9 years old and live in Anthem.
- How long have you been wakeboarding?
Almost three years.
- How did you get into wakeboarding?
I started kneeboarding when I was 5, and my parents bought me a wakeboard when I turned 7.
- You also do gymnastics, right? Do you think that helps you in wakeboarding? If so, how?
Yes, because you have the balance, and your body already knows how it feels to jump and flip.
- What is your favorite trick to see being done and why?
My favorite is “Superman” because it looks as if you’re flying.
- What is your favorite aspect of wakeboarding?
I like the challenges of learning new tricks.
- What do you like most about The AWA?
I like the prizes and the riders I compete against.
- Describe your perfect day.
Hanging out with my friends, doing gymnastics and wakeboarding.
- What do you like to do when you are not wakeboarding?
I like to do gymnastics because I am a level 7 at Arizona Sunrays.
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
A wedding planner or a singer.
- Is there anybody that you would like to thank?
Peter Magary of Mastercraft, Outlaw riders Larry Taylor and Trevor Marquette (Poodle), and Damian and Jeff of Endless Wakes; all of them helped me learn how to ride.