AWA Season Begins;
Competitions, Clinics Set
By Chris Cameron
The Arizona Wakeboard Association has begun its 2007 Rider's Series. The first competitive wakeboard tournament was held on April 21, preceded by the ladies’ “Liquid Force Maven Sessions,” a clinic for all ages of girls on April 19 and 20.
A week later, Century Marine, Desert Surf Co., and Liquid Forced hosted the third annual wakesurf contest “Let’s Go Surfing Now; Everyone Is Learning How”
This season is proving to be one of the best series to date with five competitive wakeboarding events, one wakesurf contest, and several learn-to-wakeboard clinics. Let’s give a humungous thanks to our new sponsors and to our already incredibly loyal, long-time sponsors, who always ensure that our season's prize selection will be nothing short of spectacular.
Riders, we have eight divisions to chose from; Groms, Women, Masters, Novice, Intermediate, Advanced, Outlaw, and Wakeskate. Registration is available in advance online at www.theawa.com, as well as on site from 7:00 AM until 9:00 AM the morning of the event.
Event dates are as follow:
- May 12 — Malibu Mayhem, the second competitive wakeboard event; hosts: Paradise Watersports & Ski Pro; who will be the next “King of the Double-Up”?; Two Cow Cove, Lake Pleasant, Ariz.
- June 2 — MB Sports of Arizona & O'Brien, the third competitive wakeboard event; not only will there be a competition, but also there will be "Learn to Wakeboard Day "; hosts: MB of AZ and O'Brien; Two Cow Cove, Lake Pleasant, Ariz.
- June 30 — Century Marine Private Lake Extravaganza; the fourth competitive wakeboard event hosts: Century Marine & Liquid Force; private lake to be announced
- July 21 — Hyperlite Podium Payback Program: (This is a contingency program that will give back to athletes who support and ride Hyperlite products and earn their way to the podium finish
- For this event only, riders who ride Hyperlite and finish in the top three in their division will get more than the already awesome prizes.) The fifth competitive wakeboarding event hosts: Mastercraft Boats of AZ & Hyperlite; Two Cow Cove, Lake Pleasant, Ariz.
Other learn-to-wakeboard clinics, as well as various wakeboard demo days, may be added after the season is underway. Please check our Web site for additional information.
The AWA is run solely by volunteers; if you are interested in volunteering at an event, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or check at the registration booth for more information.