Experience the Great Outdoors!
Arizona Game and Fish Department Outdoor Expoe
Want to learn about boating safety? Try your hand at target archery? View live wildlife and become informed about wildlife conservation? Learn firearm safety and try target shooting on the shooting range?
If your answer is yes, you won’t want to miss this year’s Arizona Game and Fish Department Outdoor Expo on Saturday, March 31 and Sunday, April 1 at the Ben Avery Shooting Facility in north Phoenix.
The expanded Expo offers hands-on opportunities, demonstrations and exhibits on a wide range of outdoor activities, including hunting, archery, fishing, recreational target shooting, off-highway vehicle recreation, boating education, camping, and more.
Here are some of the activities you can experience:
- Learn various aspects of boating education and boating safety.
- See live wildlife such as birds and reptiles and attend wildlife workshops by the Arizona Game and Fish Department.
- Develop your skills at international-style target archery.
- Try out the latest firearms on the shooting range from manufacturers such as Smith and Wesson, Sturm, Ruger & Co., and Glock.
- Learn fishing techniques and test your skill on our fishing simulator.
- Attend the Scholastic Clay Target Program (SCTP) Commissioner’s Cup sporting clays state championships, the Arizona Archery in Schools (AAIS) state championships, and Arizona State University collegiate archery competitions.
- Participate in activities on our hunter-education field course.
- Learn about Dutch oven cooking.
- Visit with representatives from conservation and sportsmen’s organizations, government agencies, and commercial vendors of outdoor products and services.
Some of the exhibitors include:
- Arizona Game and Fish Department Boating Education Program
- Phoenix Sail and Power Squadron
- U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary
- The Hook-Up
- Arizona State Parks
- Tonto National Forest
- Arizona Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition
- Arizona Bowhunters Association
- Paha Que Wilderness, Inc.
- Sturm Ruger & Co.
- Smith and Wesson
- Camping World
- Good Gun Foundation
- Arizona Elk Society
- Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
- Ross Outdoors
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
The Outdoor Expo is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, March 31 and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday, April 1. Admission and parking are free.
The Ben Avery Shooting Facility is located at 4044 W. Black Canyon Blvd. in Phoenix. To get there, take I-17 to Carefree Highway and go west 1/2 mile on Carefree Highway to the entrance at Long Shot Lane.
For more information, visit azgfd.gov/expo.