AWA/AZBW Rider Of The Month
Matt Bolley Now In Outlaw Division
The AWA rider of the month for June is Matt Bolley. Bolley won the Advanced Division in 2006 and moved up to the Outlaw Division for 2007. Not only is Bolley a great rider, but he is a great volunteer with the AWA. He can often be found hanging out on the dock with other riders or on one of the boats judging during the events.
1. What is your name, age and where do you live?
My name is Matt Bolley. I am 19 years old and I live in Peoria, Ariz.
2. How long have you been wakeboarding?
I have been wakeboarding for approximately three years.
3. How did you get into wakeboarding?
I was on vacation and someone had a wakeboard. I tried it and got hooked!
4. What was the first trick that you learned?
Besides basic jumps, a toeside 360 was my first trick.
5. What trick took the longest or was the hardest to learn?
A tantrum! For some reason, that trick was such a pain to learn.
6. What is your favorite trick to see being done and why?
My favorite tricks are big grabbed spins. You can really see someone's style with those tricks.
7. What is your favorite aspect of wakeboarding?
My favorite aspect is the lifestyle: friends, boats, the lake.
8. What do you like most about the AWA?
The AWA gives me the opportunity to get together with all the wakeboarders in Arizona and chill.
9. What is your most memorable experience in wakeboarding?
I have too many to list. Every time I ride is a memorable experience.
10. Do you have a crew of people that you usually ride with?
Yeah, for sure. I ride with P.A. Molumby, Nick Wittl, Chris Jones, Poodle, and Tanner.
11. Describe your perfect day.
My perfect day on the lake would be no wind, no other boats, all my friends and some girls.
12. What do you like to do when you are not wakeboarding?
I like to go skateboarding, go to the gym (when I can), relax and try to play golf.
13. Is there anybody that you would like to thank?
I would like to thank all my friends — for pushing me and helping me progress — and my family for supporting me with wakeboarding and giving me a chance to take part in such a fun sport.