Newton Sander Gets A Good Start With AWA
The Fast, Easy Way To Master Boat Navigation
Interview By Chris Cameron
Although he has only one year of riding experience, AWA/AZBW Rider of the Month has already won his Grom Division and has positive things to say about wakeboarding in general and about the Arizona Wakeboard Association.
- What is your name, age and where do you live? My name is Newton Sander. I am 11, and I live in Wickenburg, Ariz.
- How long have you been wakeboarding? one year
- How did you get into wakeboarding? By watching my sister and cousin and thinking that it looked like fun.
- What was the first trick that you learned to do? Can you explain how to do it? Surface 180 — flipping your feet on the surface of the water
- What trick are you trying to learn or do you want to learn and why? The wake jump: it looks cool.
- What is your favorite trick to see being done and why? Superman, because they go so high and stretch so far.
- Why do you like wakeboarding? Because it is fun.
- What do you like most about The AWA? It gives you awesome prizes, and the people are nice.
- Where do you ride and who do you usually ride with? Lake Pleasant with my mom, aunt, sisters, cousins and Larry.
- What do you like to do when you are not wakeboarding? Skateboarding and riding bikes.
- Is there anybody that you would like to thank? My dad and Uncle Chad, my mom and Aunt Rachel, Larry, Glenn and Peter — and a special thank you to CC and Mikey.