From The AZBW Bureau Chief
Compiled By Margie Anderson
Did you know?
- that navigational lights are the basis for traffic lights?
When you can see a green light on another boat, you have the right
of way. Also, when a boat is approaching you from the right, (your
"green light" side), you must give way to it.
- that when two boats are in peril of hitting head-on, both
should bear right to avoid the collision?
- that it is against the law to tie off or moor to a marker
- that a blood alcohol level of .08 is considered OUI, and a
level of .15 is Extreme OUI in Arizona?
- that bad sunburns when you are young are a major contributor
to skin cancer later in life?
- that an orange flag means you are towing a skier, a red flag
with a white diagonal means "diver down," (and a skull and
crossbones flag means you have a sense of humor!)?
- that all motorized boats must give way to sailboats under sail
unless they are being overtaken by the sailboat? (If you are
motorized and being overtaken by a sailboat, you may need a new
- that white vinegar and water in a spray bottle is great for