*ADDED BONUS LIST: Most Humorous Top Ten Boat Names
ALEXANDRIA, Va., May 4, 2009 - Boat names can reveal much about the personality, passion, or experiences of a boat owner. This year the BoatUS list of Top Ten List of Most Popular Boat Names is particularly revealing:
1. Seas the Day: While this boat owner may feel they have no control over their declining retirement account, they are completely in charge while boating and intend to get the most out of their boating lifestyle. (This is the sixth appearance of this name and its cousin, Carpe Diem, on the list since BoatUS began tracking boat names in 1991.)
2. Summer Daze: A combination of warm weather and long days spent afloat on sunsplashed waterways may have put this boater into a dreamlike state.
3. Second Chance: Perhaps this boat owner has had a life changing experience and feels that their boat now gives them a second lease on life. "Second Wind" is the sailboat equivalent.
4. Aqua-Holic:On the Top-Ten list for the last seven years, this boat name illustrates a boater's chronic love for the waterways.
5. Wind Seeker: No doubt a true sailboat name for a wanderer or racer.
6. Dream Weaver: Like the 1976 Gary Wright song that muses about an escape to dreamland, this boat owner may weave memories of good days spent on the water, sheltering them from the pressures of day-to-day life.
7. Black Pearl: The name of a fast, stealthy and intimidating fictional ship from the Disney Pirates of the Caribbean films, this boat likely has plenty of kids aboard.
8. Hydrotherapy: Takes into account the healing nature that boating provides this boat owner.
9. The Salt Shaker: If you know what a "Parrot head" is, you'll know what The Salt Shaker is for. On a Saturday night this boat and its owner could be the most popular in the marina.
10. Sea Quest: This boat owner likely grew up watching Jacques Cousteau TV specials and wants to explore the world with their boat.
The BoatUS Boat Graphics service offers a free library of over 8,500 boat names and also allows boaters to easily select, custom design and preview boat names online - without having to pay up front. For more information, visit the online service at BoatUS.com/boatgraphics.
*ADDED BONUS LIST:
The following names were voted by the editors of BoatUS Magazine to be the most humorous:
1. What College Fund? With three out of four boat-owning households making less than $100,000 a year, where else are you going to get the money?
2. Stocks-N-Blonds: Clearly someone still has a job on Wall Street.
3. Anchor Management: The calming effect that boating brings.
4. Sweet Em-Ocean: A floating love shack?
5. Knotty Buoy: The Johnnie Depp of boaters.
6. Reel-e-Fish-ent: Could teach Capt. Sig Hansen of the Discovery Channel series Deadliest Catch a thing or two about fishing.
7. A-Frayed Knot: Fearless in their ability to tie bowline.
8. O-Sea-D: Obsessive, compulsive, and loving the ocean.
9. A-Loan-Again: Either cruising for a date or has purchased their boat on credit.
10. Really Big Car: Small boat complex?
BoatUS - Boat Owners Association of The United States - is the nation's leading advocate for recreational boaters providing its 600,000 members with government representation, programs and money saving services. For membership information visit BoatUS.com or call 800-395-2628.
Dinghy Digest ®
If you would like advertising information on either the web site or the print version please contact email@example.com